From this session, we are going to learn the technical phrases that a digital marketer should know about. If you are an aspiring digital marketer, then you must start by building your own website. You can ask someone to do it for you or you can simply start a WordPress blog. Without a website, you will miss out on learning the vital terms like SEO, website optimization, traffic analysis, website indexing, etc.
So, I started designing my self-hosted website with a thought of representing my journey and my thoughts in a digital format. Of course one can do the same thing over social media now, but the customized organization of data is possible on the website only.
I made categories of all the topics I have already written on some different platforms and also a lot of them which are not published yet. I indexed my website URL in the Google Search Console. It is a tool by Google which helps the site owners to track their website indexing and take proper measures to optimize the visibility of their website. We can also submit our sitemaps so that it is easier for the search engines to crawl our website.
When you are getting started with WordPress, there are few things that you should know about like:
- What is the dashboard?
- How to change the site identity?
- What is the difference between posts and pages?
- What are the basic plugins that should be installed initially?
You can always surf the internet and install plugins as per your requirement. I just want to experiment with them so I have the plugins like:
- Elementor: Easy to design pages, just drag-n-drop and you are good to go
- Google Analytics: Easy reports on website traffic and real-time statistics of the website on your dashboard
- Hotjar: Similar to analytic but it will also show the way how a user is interacting on your site in the form of video recordings
- Ninja Forms: to collect user information (such as name, email ID, phone number)
- Simple Social Icons: I saw this in a youtube video. check out my contact page to know how I used them
- Yoast SEO: Complete SEO solution for any site
Hotjar is an amazing combination of Analysis and Feedback tools. This is a great tool for tracking the traffic on your website. With the help of this tool, one can track the behavior of the user on his site.
This shows how a user is interacting with your site. Its heatmap feature provides a visual representation of clicks, taps, and scrolling behavior that a user is performing. You can view the complete recording of the user’s action. These details will help you to improve your website’s UI.
If you wish to learn more about such amazing tools that can enhance your website’s performance then you must check out the Digital Marketing Tools Mastery course by Digital Deepak. If you purchase this course from my link then it will help me a little bit to maintain this website and also you will receive a reasonable discount too.
Happy Learning 🙂